About Aman Johal
Counsellor, Psychotherapist, EMDR & CBT Practitioner Nuneaton
Aman is a Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist (BABCP accredited) and a qualified Eye Movement of Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR) practitioner. In his private practice he works with children, adolescents and adults experiencing emotional distress that may have been triggered for a whole host of different reasons.
Aman has attended various training courses and workshops that include addressing suicidality and self harming behaviours, motivational interviewing, solution focused therapy and the management of chronic pain. He has over 9 years experience of working as a counsellor in both Primary and Secondary Schools and 5 years working as a CBT Psychotherapist for the Staffordshire IAPT service, delivering a service to adults of all ages.
Aman will work with you using CBT approaches which will enable you to identify the thoughts, behaviours, feelings , and emotions underpinning your specific experiences of emotional distress.
- A professional, friendly and supportive service
- A confidential, comfortable and private space
- A 50 minute session (over a period of time to be mutually agreed between you both)
- An in-depth initial assessment that that will allow him to formulate your goals for therapy
- An explanation of how your sessions will be structured and what he would expect you to complete as weekly homework
- Therapy will help you to become more resilient and better equipped in dealing with emotional distress.
- The aim is to work collaboratively to identify and challenge those thoughts and beliefs linked to emotionally distressing events.
This is so that alternative and more balanced meanings can be explored so that your personal distress is significantly reduced.